International Rehabilitation Center
An Intensive Assessment and Treatment Package for Children from Abroad at Beit Issie Shapiro in Israel
Our International Rehabilitation Center offers rehabilitative treatments to children from all over the world at our center in Ra’anana, Israel. The children who can benefit from our program are infants and young children with a range of moderate to severe disabilities, including cerebral palsy, autistic spectrum disorder, and other developmental disabilities.
The program is individually tailored to the specific needs of the child, and includes a variety of therapies, such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy, Snoezelen (multi-sensory environment and interactive media), speech therapy, hydrotherapy, parent counseling, dental clinic, acupuncture, reflexology, enhancing skills through iPad use and art therapy.
The Treatment Package includes…
- Initial screening
- Comprehensive assessment of the child’s difficulties and strengths
- Parent counseling
- Daily treatment and ongoing evaluation
- Fitting adaptive equipment such as wheelchairs, standers and orthotics and accompanying families as needed to fitting sessions
- Coaching for accompanying caregivers and therapists
- Liaison with professionals at home
- Guided recreation using Beit Issie Shapiro’s accessible playground and facilities
- Referral and contact with Israel’s leading medical professionals
How do I apply?
- Inquiries may be sent via email or you can call directly. Our professional team will review each application and discuss with the family a proposed treatment plan.
What do I need to send?
- Medical summaries, developmental history and reports from therapists that describe your child’s medical history and current treatments.
How long do I need to stay in Israel?
- Depending on the goals, the treatment may range from ten days to 6 weeks.
What happens after we return home?
- We are happy to offer further consultations with the child’s therapists and the professional team at the child’s educational framework via Skype. Return visits are also an option.
For additional information, please contact Yaniv Levy, Director of the International Rehabilitation Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.