Recognizing the powerful potential of new technologies for people with disabilities, Beit Issie Shapiro’s professionals have, over the past several years, integrated the use of touch-screen devices (particularly iPads) into the daily routine of children with disabilities – including research and evaluation, developing knowledge and tools, and disseminating knowledge.
Based on this experience and the successful implementation model developed, Beit Issie Shapiro (BIS), in partnership with The Ruderman Family Foundation, provides consultation, training and on-going support services to the professional community, organizations and institutes wishing to implement the use of tablets within their frameworks.
BIS’ Technology Consulting Center is led by experts in educational technology and professional therapists, accompanied by evaluation, research and knowledge development experts, with years of experience in implementing technology in educational, rehabilitative and therapeutic settings.
- Needs assessment – identification and mapping of needs
- Suggested training program for optimal implementation
- Provision of tools and methods for successful implementation in the kindergarten, school, hostel, etc.
- Familiarization with accessibility options and accessories
- Provision of tools for building a personalized program with appropriate apps and accessories
- Familiarization with a range of activities and apps for different purposes (communication, education, games, etc.)
- Follow-up meetings and ongoing support (available online as well)
And there is so much more…read all about here!
To get a “taste” of the different ways in which we use tablets, watch:
↑World’s first waterproofed iPad floating in the pool. ↑
↑Height adjustable iPad stand attached to the wall.↑
↑iPad in the Snoezelen↑
↑Beit Issie Shapiro iPad accessories on display↑