Beit Issie Shapiro was named Israel’s most effective non-profit by efficiency monitor Midot and:
- is the global leader of research into Snoezelen (multi-sensory) therapy to treat people with developmental disabilities, Alzheimer’s, cancer and post-traumatic stress syndrome. We have helped to establish over 500 Snoezelen therapy centers in Israel.
- operates one of the largest hydrotherapy training centers in the world, and have helped to establish 150 hydrotherapy centers in Israel.
- established Israel’s first accessible and inclusive playground, Friendship Park, and have consulted on the development of over 40 similar playgorunds in Israel and a few internationally.
- Our model for early intervention centers has been established in over 120 other centers, with early intervention treatments provided by the government based upon Beit Issie Shapiro’s model.
- Through the Trump International Institute of Continuing Education in Developmental Disabilities, we provide training for 4000 students and service providers each year. We also have established an ‘Inclusive University’, offering higher educational opportunities each year for up to 200 adults with severe learning and adjustment disabilities.
- Beit Issie Shapiro’s professionals have had over 100 academic papers published so far.
- We lead a coalition of 60 organizations changing attitudes in society and advocating for improved legislation for people with disabilities impacting hundreds of thousands of people in 2018.